Frozen River Trek in Ladakh
Day 1 Delhi - Leh.
Djule Adventre Representative will welcome you at Leh airport & transfer to Hotel. Rest of the day est for acclimatization. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2 Leh - Shey - Thiksey - Hemis
Today you will visit some Monastaries around Leh . You will visit Shey, Thik and Hemis Monastery. Shey Palace is 16 kms from Leh. It used to be the summer palace of the kings of Ladakh. There are lots of Stupas built around the palace. Shey palace was built by Deldan Namgyal in the beginning of 17Th century AD. Main attraction in Shey is the 12m Shakyamuni Buddha statue inside the Dresthang Gompa. Thiksey Monastery close to Shey is about 3 kms. The monastery is considered to be one of the most beautiful in Ladakh and belongs to the Gelukspa sect. It is the biggest Monastery under Gyelukpa Sect. Its quite big monastery. Thikse monastery also known as mini Lasha. Hemis, about 45 kms south of Leh it is one of the most famous and largest monastery in Ladakh. It belongs to the Drukpa Sect and was founded in the early 17Th century. The setting is perfect with the monastery cradled in a lovely valley, surrounded by streams and fronted by long Mani walls. Overnight stay at the guest house.
Day 3 Drive Leh - Shingra Yokma & Trek to shingra Kongma (4+2 hrs)
In the morning drive to Shingra Yokma along with our porters from Zanskar. On the way you will visit the Junction of meeting point of Indus and Zanskar river. overnight in Camp.
Day 4 Shnigra Kongma - Tsomo Palder 4-5 hrs
Continue our Chadar trek by walking on the frozen Zanskar river from Shingra Kongma to tsomo Palder. The trek is of about 5 hours. Overnight at Camp.
Day 5 Tsomo Plader - Dip 4-5 hrs.
Again moving the caravan towards Zanskar valley and camp at Dip. All trek will be along nerrow valley. 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Camp.
Day 6 Dip - Nyrakpulu 5 hrs
Walk for almost 4 to 5 hours from Dip to reach Nyarakpulu below the Nyarak village. Over night at Camp.
Day 7 Nyarakpulu - Dip 5hrs
Nyarakpulu to Tso Mopoaldar a four hour walk to the campsite.Overnight Camp.
Day 8 Dip - Tsomopaldar 5hrs
Continue your trek back towards Leh, Will be more easy by acclimatize. It will be trek of 5 hrs.Overnight Camp.
Day 9 Tsomo Pladar- Shingra Yokma - Leh
Today is the last day of trek , You will trek till Shingra Yokma were you jeep will wait for you. After drive back to Leh. 6 hrs Overnight Hotel.
Day 10 Leh - Delhi
Early in the morning transfer to airport and from here catch a flight for Delhi. Trip and services ends here.
Cost Depend on Number of people in group.
• Accommodation: In Leh, guest house with bed and breakfast basis. While on trek accommodation will be provided on Dome/Alpine Tent, carry mat, kitchen tent, camping stool etc will be provided.
• Transport: Arrival, departure transfer at Leh byMini Bus/Scorpio/Zylo. Visit Shey+ Thikse + Hemis. Drop & pick up for Shingra Yokma.
• During the trek
- one highly responsible professional English Speaking guide,
- Professional cook & helpers,
- Professional local porters,
- Dome tent with mattress for sleep,
- Kitchen tent with full equipments,
- Dinning tent with chairs and tables,
- All the food Leh to Leh,
- Oxygen cylinder,
- Special safety kit bag for your luggage protection,
- Monastery fee,
- Camping fee,
- Rope, carabiner and ice axe.
Cost does not include
- International and Domestic flight tickets.
- Any extra accommodation in Leh apart from the itinerary.
- Extra drinks like coca, beer
- Shopping and phone bill.
- Dinner and Lunch in Leh.
- Personal Porter for carrying personal backpacker if required.
- Persona Insurance
- Cost of Emergency ecacuation.